[R-repo-dev] server

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Sun Apr 25 07:01:33 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 20:11 -0400, J.W. Bizzaro wrote:
> Yes, only 14G are available right now.  We should have more by the end of the summer.
Cool

> We use the filesystem directory /reporoot, where we might also want to place R-repo (this allows us to use a different backup method for the very large repos).
I think for the time being I'd rather leave the repo on /home which seems to have more space available (if you are fine with this).

> Further below are my notes from a few years ago, on setting up yum for BioBrew.  I use bash commands as follows:
[..]

That looks quite similar to what I used.
I actually created a mirror of the repo on my laptop and synchronize the
two directory.
Therefore I used:
createrepo -d RPMS/Fedora/12/{i686,x86_64} # create the repo
createrepo -d --update RPMS/Fedora/12/{i686,x86_64} # updates the repo
repoview RPMS/Fedora/12/{i686,x86_64} # create the repoview

I created the two releases rpm yesterday:
http://www.bioinformatics.org/r-repo/rpms/r-repo-fedora-1.0.0-1.fc12.noarch.rpm
http://www.bioinformatics.org/r-repo/rpms/r-repo-rhel-1.0.0-1.fc12.noarch.rpm

Note that they don't contain the GPG key and that the RPMs are still not
signed.

The repoview can be seen there:
http://www.bioinformatics.org/r-repo/rpms/RPMS/Fedora/12/i686/repoview/
http://www.bioinformatics.org/r-repo/rpms/RPMS/Fedora/12/x86_64/repoview/