[Bio-Linux] Problems with MySQL local infile

Lehtovirta, Laura Elina l.lehtovirta at abdn.ac.uk
Tue Oct 6 11:30:16 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm having a problem with loading data into MySQL using LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE. The error I'm getting is "The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version". I've tried "--local-infile" when starting MySQL and modified the my.cnf file to contain "local-infile=1".

Command "SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE 'local_infile';" shows that local infile is on but does not get rid of the error. I'm using MySQL version 14.14 Distrib 5.5.44, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3. Does anyone have suggestions how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance,

Laura

Dr Laura Lehtovirta-Morley
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Institute of Biological and Environmental Sciences
Cruickshank Building
University of Aberdeen
St Machar Drive
Aberdeen
AB24 3UU

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas cl?raichte ann an Alba, ?ir. SC013683.