[Bio-Linux] Blasting Multiple Fasta Files

Zain A Alvi zain.alvi at student.shu.edu
Tue May 5 10:00:54 EDT 2015

Dear Sir or Madam,

I hope everything is well. I have downloaded all the viral protein sequences from the NCBI refseq database using their script from their E-book.  I have de-novo assembled some viral genomes and I know BLASTX takes a long time if the fasta is large.  I have been able to split the large fasta file based on an user specified contig number in each new fasta file.

I was wondering is there a method to run BLASTX automatically on each of the fasta files one at a time so that it will be able to complete in a "shorter" amount of time as compared to BLASTing the whole large de-novo assembled fasta file.  Then I was hoping to concatenate all the results into one file.

Sincerely,

Zain