[Bio-Linux] hmmer tutorial help

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue May 5 05:11:14 EDT 2015

Hi Graham,

This tutorial is out of date and refers to hmmer2.  hmmer2 is still
available on Bio-Linux for backwards compatibility but you have to call
it explicitly - this works:

$ hmm2build globin.hmm globins50.msf

And similarly add a 2 to other command names.

But I'd recommend that you are best off working with HMMER3.  It's much
improved over version 2 and there is a newer tutorial:

ftp://selab.janelia.org/pub/software/hmmer/CURRENT/Userguide.pdf

We really do need to update the documentation for tools on Bio-Linux,
I've just been too short of time to work through it all.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England