[Bio-Linux] Stacks RAD-seq software on Bio-Linux

Steve Moss gawbul at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 05:11:49 EST 2015

Dear Simon,

It seems as though it can't authenticate with your database. See this link
http://creskolab.uoregon.edu/stacks/manual/#install specifically "Section
2.3 Edit the MySQL configuration file" that details setting up MySQL users.
Use mysql -u root to login to the MySQL shell and add new users. You should
then edit /usr/local/share/stacks/sql/mysql.cnf to include the appropriate
user and password for connection. It's not a good idea to use root for
stacks to connect, so you should create an additional stacks user in MySQL.

Cheers,

Steve

Message: 1

--