[Bio-Linux] Biolinux QIIME 1.9.0 release errors

MARTA POZUELO DEL RIO mpozud00 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 05:00:06 EDT 2015

Good morning,

After having installed the new release of qiime in my biolinux, and
starting to use the pipeline I used for QIIME 1.8.0, I get the following
errors in two scripts for the moment, even when calling the help options.

1. For pick_otus.py script:

File "/usr/local/bin/pick_otus.py", line 18, in <module>
    from qiime.util import get_tmp_filename
ImportError: cannot import name get_tmp_filename

2. For split_libraries_fastq.py script:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/split_libraries_fastq.py", line 25, in <module>
    from qiime.quality import phred_to_ascii33, phred_to_ascii64

For the second case, I've seen that this module disappears in QIIME 1.9.0,
the script quality.py does not exist any more. So having a look at the
scripts included in the packages for biolinux release, I've found that the
version of these scripts used comes from QIIME 1.6.0.

Hope this will be solved as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance.

Marta