[Bio-Linux] biolinux 8, Tophat incompatible with Bowtie2

Josh Thackray thackray at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Dec 3 12:20:54 EST 2014

Hi,

I am running biolinux 8 and am trying to use Tophat (version 2.0.9) but
this is incompatible with the version of bowtie2 (2.2.3) installed on
the system by default. It looks like this issue was resolved in tophat
version 2.0.12. It looks like the issue has to do with a change in the
structure of the bowtie2 package where the aligner changed names from
"bowtie2-align" to just "bowtie2". How can I update my tophat to this
version?

Thanks,

Josh

--