[Bio-Linux] BioLinux install failure

Andor J Kiss kissaj at miamioh.edu
Fri May 31 09:36:40 EDT 2013

Yep, It did take a while, but I'm finding that for A LOT of people find
that BioLinux is increasingly the ideal solution; especially for the R,
ARB, QIIME, Mothur, and Galaxy installs...all the stuff that most
end-user biologists cannot deal with.

We use it on both our heavy server/workstations for genome assembly
(also running CLC Genomics Workbench).  Plus being a open-access
training facility/centre,  it eliminates the dreaded "I'm going to
insert my USB stick with evil windows viruses to crash this (windows)
bioinformatics computer" issue.

And with about 50% of our users already using MAC OSX, the jump to
BioLinux (Ubuntu) is now really small.

Cheers,
Andor J Kiss, Supervisor
Center for Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics
086 Pearson Hall ~ Miami University
700 East High Street
Oxford, Ohio  45056
USA