[Bio-Linux] Installing Plotrix in R

Danae Dodge danae_hazel at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 14:26:16 EDT 2013

Hello all,
I've been trying to install the library Plotrix from R for awhile unsuccessfully. I first updated R (I'm using BioLinux on a USB) to see if Plotrix was included and then I set the R LIB environmental variable so I could do this:
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")

biocLite("pkgname")

but with replacing it with the web address for Plotrix on the R website to download directly
(this being the website that I went to:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/plotrix/index.html
So my command line is as follows:
R CMD INSTALL /http://www.cran.r-project.org/web/packages/plotrix/plotrix_3.4-6.tar.gz

But I keep getting a Warning message: invalid package followed by the url and an error telling me no package specified.
So now I don't know how to download and install this package into R.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Danae

Dr Danae Dodge