[Bio-Linux] Bio-Linux updated image and new packages

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Mon Jul 22 11:55:06 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I've put a new Bio-Linux image update on the website today (7.0.7).
Existing users won't need to use this but I've added some new packages
which you might be interested in installing on your machines (sudo
apt-get install <packagename>):

abyss  (http://www.bcgsc.ca/platform/bioinfo/software/abyss)
ray    (http://denovoassembler.sourceforge.net/)
sickle (https://github.com/vsbuffalo/sickle)
scythe (https://github.com/vsbuffalo/scythe)
macs   (http://liulab.dfci.harvard.edu/MACS/)

The R environment has been upgraded to R3.0 and modules have been
recompiled to work on the new R.  If you have installed extra modules
and get an error about an incompatible R module you may need to run
"install.packages(<modulename>)" within R.

The new image has updated drivers from Ubuntu the 12.04.2 release and so
should work on some more modern computers.  I've not been able to test
UEFI booting so if you have a UEFI machine you may need to set it back
to BIOS boot for now.

The new STADEN Gap5 package and Taverna did not make this image release
but will be coming soon.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England