[Bio-Linux] A Unity Lens (ie. a better applications menu) for Bio-Linux

Sasa Paporovic sasa.paporovic at fh-bielefeld.de
Wed Dec 26 09:25:01 EST 2012

The switch to Debian is one possibility, but you can also do on a terminal

sudo apt-get remove unity-lens-shopping

This deletes the component(unity shopping lens) of the unity desktop that causes the information traffic to amazon and canonical.

BTW: AFAIK Biolinux 7 is based on Ubuntu12.04(Precise). In this version is no unity shopping lens. It was first introduced at the end of the development phase of Ubuntu12.10(Quantal). With this it has never reached Biolinux.