[Bio-Linux] A Unity Lens (ie. a better applications menu) for Bio-Linux

Damien Zammit damien.zammit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 03:11:58 EST 2012

On 22 December 2012 04:32, Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk> wrote:
> taken a few days while things are quiet before Christmas and I've made a
> package that adds a bioinformatics section (or a lens, as they are
> called) into the main menu panel.  It looks like this:

Hi there,
I realise I am just a single user and my opinion doesn't count for
much in terms of a survey of user opinions.  However, for what it's
worth, it has come to my attention that Canonical have been collecting
information about what people search for in the Unity search bar and
your Ubuntu computer sends this information to Amazon for marketing
purposes automatically.
I'm so disappointed by this feature that I made the switch to Debian,
since the presence of this feature circumvents the freedom of a user
to their privacy.

Regards,
Damien