[Bio-Linux] Installing bio-linux

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 09:18:02 EST 2011

Hi,

The installer is definitely able to resize Windows in basic situations,
but maybe your partition layout has stumped it.  I think Tony is right
and you need to do the partitioning manually and leave space for Ubuntu
to install to.  One way I've done this before is to boot from the latest
Ubuntu system rescue CD.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DualBoot/Windows#Using_QtParted_from_the_System_Rescue_CD

It's a bit of a faff but it gives you full control and you can resize
NTFS in-place.

It should go without saying: Before repartitioning your Windows drive,
assume you are likely to hose it, and do a full backup.

Cheers,

TIM