[Bio-Linux] New MrBayes-Multi uses OpenMPI

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 12:11:05 EDT 2011

Hi All,

At a suggestion from Tony Travis I've switched our MrBayes package from
using MPICH to OpenMPI.  This means that, after the update (version
3.1.2-4) you will no longer need to run mpd, but simply type:

mpirun.openmpi -np 4 mb-multi

Where "4" is the number of threads you actually want.  If you remove the
libmpich2-1.2 package then you'll just be able to type:

mpirun -np 4 mb-multi

As far as I know the decision as to which MPI implementation to use
before was essentially arbitrary, so I hope this won't cause a problem
for anyone, but let me know if it does.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England