[Bio-Linux] Mapmaker on Bio-linux 4?

Bela Tiwari btiwari at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 04:48:36 EST 2006

Hi

We have taken a quick look at this program and it might be possible to compile it on Bio-Linux. However, it doesn't compile "out of the box", so before we go further, we were wondering if you, or anyone else on this list involved in linkage analysis, could let us know if MapMaker3 is still a popular program. If so, what differentiates it from other software out there?

I notice that MapMaker3 not been upated since 1993. While this does not mean it is not a valuable piece of software, it does mean that we would like feedback from people in the user community as to whether it is a program we should be looking at further or not.

cheers

Bela

*************************
Dr. Bela Tiwari
Lead Bioinformatician
NERC Environmental
Bioinformatics Centre

CEH Oxford
Mansfield Road
Oxford, OX1 3SR
01865 281975

*************************

>>> jaa53 at cornell.edu 03/06/06 7:35 pm >>>
Hi all,

My apologies if  my question is too basic, or if this is not the apropiate
forum it.

 I am a naive Bio-linux user and I 'd like to know if it it possible to
run Mapmaker 3.0b (a linkage analysis package)  on a Bio-Limux 4 machine.
 There is an available version of this program that runs on Sun
SPARCStations Running SunOS, but I am not sure if this is compatible with
Bio-linux.

Any suggestions?