[R-repo-dev] r-repo for Scientific Linux 6

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Jul 24 09:49:22 EDT 2011

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011, Lance A. Brown wrote:

> I found your excellent project while searching for ways to automate
> management of R packages on Scientific Linux 6.
>
> After setting a mock build environment as per your wiki pages, I
> discovered that many packages fail to build because of problems in the
> 'check' stage with the PDF manual failing.
>
> I'm led to believe this is an issue with texlive 2007 in SL6.  Has
> anyone else run into this issue and do you have a work around?

There is in the Fedora 'precursor' project that feeds
Scientific Linux, a package for automating the pre-production
of packaging into RPM form, the add-on R packages.  As I
recall, there is also a low volume R mailing list on Red Hat /
RPM matters, which might be a better place for following up on
reports of build problems, so that we do not clutter the
parent list unnecessarily

I've packaged substantially all of the Finance, Trading,
Statistics and Economics R packages, for CentOS 5 without
encountering problems of the type you outline, and so look
forward to working with you in that venue

-- Russ herrold