[R-repo-dev] Dependencies

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Tue Sep 28 11:21:15 EDT 2010

>> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 16:11:07 +0200, Pierre-Yves <pingou at pingoured.fr> said:

> Didn't you do one for the whole cran ?
> The script for which you mailed the R-devel mailing-list.

OK, I think I've found the conversation to which you were referring.
That was for gentoo-land (cran2ebuild).  There, I could generate
Ebuilds with the dependency data, and the various portage tools handle
the dep resolution.

I've rooted through my cran2this and cran2that source dirs, and I
_think_ that the R2spec work is the only place I've done the dep
resolution work.  If you find a conversation that makes you think
different, send me a gmane link and I'll see if I can recover what I
was doing.  I've got a lot of different projects sculling around.

If you'd like me to redo the depgraph work, or similar, in the
framework of your current HEAD, I can attempt it; but I'll warn you
that the data structure changes were substantial.

- Allen S. Routy