[R-repo-dev] Update

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Tue May 4 00:02:56 EDT 2010

>> On Sun, 02 May 2010 21:13:48 +0200, Pierre-Yves <pingou at pingoured.fr> said:

> I am now using mock to build for all architecture and it can be used
> for any system to. Therefore I will try to build for epel-5
> afterward (except if someone has the time/wish to do so).  I run
> mock via smock [1], which I have configured to build directly into
> my local copy of the repo (so I don't use apache). Smock detects
> automatically the order in which the packages should be built,
> generate the RPMs using mock (chroot environment), copy the RPM to
> the local repository (where you define it), build the next RPM using
> the RPMs built before when necessary.

I think this is a better solution than the R-based build order stuff I
was working on.  Good deal.

Do you have instructions for getting mock and smock running, or at
least a sketch of them?

I can do some building for e.g. EPEL, especially if that's the best
fit for packages going on RHEL5.3 proper, and as I go through setting it
up, I can document the steps on the wiki.

- Allen S. Rout