[Genquire-dev] Blast_vs_EST table to be deprecated

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri, 10 May 2002 08:50:01 -0600

Hello Genquire users and developers,

I am planning to deprecate the database table Blast_vs_EST in the next
release of Genquire.  I removed the GUI elements that called on that table
quite some time ago, so I am guessing that none of you are using it.

It seems more sensible, now, for EST 'hits' to be mapped as features (using
the standard Feature table), and a plugin can then be used to see more
detailed alignments if that is needed.  Having said that, I will probably
resurrect the SIM4 viewer as a plugin before the next release as well...

If this is going to cause anyone any big headaches let me know.

Cheers!

Mark

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."