[Genquire-dev] Re: [Genquire-users] Trying to understand somecode

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:04:51 -0600

:-(

nope.

There are actually several problems that I can see... but they are easily
fixed, and I am in the middle of coding-up some things that will hopefully
prevent this from happening again.

problems:
    (1) "Gene" should be capitalized
    (2) there should be a feature type called "Transcript"
    (3) both Gene and Transcript should be containers ('Y' instead of 'N')

This will get the Genquire interface to work properly, as these feature
types are hard-coded into the Genquire Adaptor-layer to respond in a
particular way.

Dave, can you spot any other problems?  Are you  going to hard-code the
required feature types in the database schema itself?   That is probably
best... I'll also make a note of this in the documentation.  Danny, you
also had a problem at the beginning with the organism table, right?  That
also needs to be initialized in some way, and noted in the setup docs...

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group