[Genquire-dev] lenght problem fixed

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:37:06 -0600

David Block wrote:

> Remember, everything is a vector with start, direction and length? :)

yeah, for the database... but I didn't think this was coded into our objects
so tightly.  It doesn't *matter* so much, so long as people are aware of it.

> You mean both undef and 0 are 'false' - they're not equal to each other,

yes, I mean they *behave* as if they are equal to each other!

perl -e 'my $x; print "yeah" if ($x==0)'

...doesn't give me the response I had anticipated, since $x can come into
the routine with a (valid) value of zero, or a null value of undef, and they
mean different things w.r.t. the routine.

> but they're both not true - the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

you can pick yer friends, and you can pick yer...   yeah.... whatever.

> > non-functional :-)
> I would think so, in this case.

Once I get a writeable adaptor later for Genbank working then it will be
functional.

> Every once in a while I start Genquire up and it just works - wow.

do you mean every once in a while you say "wow", or do you mean that every
once in a while it just works?  ;-)

> let's publish away, and
> get some kinks worked out!

Okay, I'll send in the paper first thing Monday.

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group
National Research Council of Canada