[Genquire-dev] lenght problem fixed

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:57:04 -0600

Hey all!

Length problem fixed with the GB flat file adaptor - it turns out that length
is not calculated on-the-fly as I thought, but is actually an attribute of a
feature object, so it must be explicity set during feature creation.  I'll
figure out where GQ_Local calculates this during the feature-editing process
and ensure that I make a note of it in the adaptor docs, as it isn't an
obvious thing to have to deal with.

I also fixed an error that I introduced into ShowSequenceContext just before
Christmas (I forgot that Perl thinks undef == 0 ... ick!).  that now works
properly for the Genbank adaptor also.

I also have the COMMIT subroutine return 1 for now, since it is effectively
non-functional :-)

So... I think we're ready to publish!   Dave, any last-minute worries before
I submit the manuscript?  Danny, how do you want your contributions to be
recognized?

Cheers from the provice that can't keep E. coli out of its food system...

Mark

--
"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson