[Genquire-dev] All bugs squashed,and Blast configured for the future

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:23:42 -0600

Hi everyone,

Right.  As far as I can tell it is finished.  I have played with it for several
days now and have not found any additional bugs.  I also updated the Blast routines
in both the plugin and the internal CGI to make them (a) more stable in the face of
errors at the Blast end, and (b) compatible into the future of BioPerl using
Bio::SearchIO as the parser instead of Bio::Tools::Blast.

I also made some cosmetic changes, in particular, the Docked Annotation Canvas now
displays itself automatically when it is created on a Vertically oriented canvas
(it used to be that you had to manally re-size the map window to see it).  I dont'
know if any of you are using this feature, but I really love it!  I encourage you
to try it for yourselves!

Any other bug reports?

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson