[Genquire-dev] dbObj

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:44:49 -0600

David Block wrote:

> DbObj is context-specific - for a certain network xml adaptor I am
> writing, it is called Session.

Okay, I see that...  but it appears that the Adaptor layer hasn't quite been
fully ripped out of Genquire itself yet.

The following files *outside* of the Adaptor layer make calls to ->dbh:

txtHandAnnotate (my problem)
QueryScreen->getBlastHit (my problem)

GQ::Server::Feature
GQ::Server::Sequence
GQ::Server::Transcript

This means that Genquire will not, as it stands, work off of a flat-file
since flat files have no dbh.  Whatever calls these modules are making will
have to be pulled down into the adaptor layer...

I am presuming that you will hit the same problem with your xml adaptor as I
just did with my GB Flat file adaptor so I'll deal with the first two if you
deal with the Server feature problems :-)

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group
National Research Council of Canada