[Bio-linux-list] FW: bio-linux manager password

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Thu Mar 2 04:44:52 EST 2017

On 02/03/17 08:52, Timms-Wilson, Tracey wrote:

> [...]

Hi, Mengjia.

Tracey forwarded your message to me and I've CC'ed my reply to the
Bio-Linux mailing list in case anyone else has the same problem.

The default password for the "manager" account on the Bio-Linux .ova is
"manager". This information is given on the Bio-Linux web-page at:

> http://environmentalomics.org/bio-linux-installation/

Instructions for importing the .ova into "Virtualbox" are:

> Setup for VirtualBox:
>
>     Ensure you have at least 40GB free disk space.
>     Download and install the appropriate version of VirtualBox from the link above.
>     Download the OVA file.
>     Start VirtualBox and select Import Appliance from the File menu and import the .ova file (don’t worry that it says you need an OVF file).
>     When importing the appliance, select the option to reinitialize the MAC addresses of network cards.
>     Start the VM and if you see a log-in screen, log in as user manager with password also manager.
>     Once this is working, you can delete the .ova file to save space.
>     See the VirtualBox docs for more details including how to share folders and hardware.  You will also want to adjust hardware settings such as CPU, RAM and video acceleration settings to suit your hardware.

You can import the .ova into VMware in a similar way and use the same
"manager" account with password "manager".

PLEASE NOTE: You should change the "manager" password to something more
secure if you connect your Bio-Linux VM instance to the Internet!

HTH,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk