[Bio-linux-list] How to update mothur?

Maxime GOMMEAUX maxime.gommeaux at univ-reims.fr
Tue Jan 31 04:32:33 EST 2017

Dear users of Bio-Linux,

I have been an enthusiastic user of the Bio-Linux distribution for
~2years and I appreciate it greatly.

I would like, however, to update the mothur package to try their new
clustering algorithm, included in the brand-new release 1.39.

If I remember well, originally the version of mothur was 1.34 at the
time I installed the distro. Some time later it upgraded to 1.36
"automatically" (with the normal system updates), but it has been stuck
since then.

Thus, I would like to update mothur "manually", but I don't want to
wreck my system. Remark: the Ubuntu base is still 14.04 (I have refused
the 16.04 upgrade to date, but maybe I should do this first???).

Thank you for any help!

Maxime

--
Maxime GOMMEAUX, maître de conférences
- Affiliation:

Avec l'URCA, soutenez la candidature de la France à l'exposition
universelle de 2025!