[Bio-linux-list] Is biolinux still on Ubuntu 14?

Bishwa Kiran kirannbishwa01 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 23:43:41 EST 2017

I have personally found ubuntu 16 to be more stable and able to manage memory more efficiently. Also, several required add-on are really handy - like being able to run terminal from any folder in ubuntu 16, but in ubuntu 14 i had to add some updates to get this functionality. Most importantly I was not able to put biolinux in sleep/suspend mode when I wanted. I have to do this because sometimes I have to pause my work and resume after couple hours and days without rebooting the whole system. This issue made me switch to ubuntu 16.

- Bishwa K.