[Bio-linux-list] locating ncbi-tools-x11 lib folder

Flavia Flaviani flacchy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:55:19 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

It's been 3 weeks now since I've started trying to install a program
without success on Biolinux. Before writing here I have tried to post for
help on Biostar but without much luck... you can view it  here (
https://www.biostars.org/p/177810/) and here (
https://www.biostars.org/p/178055/
<https://www.biostars.org/p/178055/#178060>) so I have decided to try and
ask the biolinux users community.

The program I need to install is called Vicuna (
http://www.broadinstitute.org/scientific-community/science/projects/viral-genomics/vicuna)
and it requires ncbi-toolkit. To make it run we need to set the path for
the ncbi-tool/lib  in the configuration file. Unfortunately I cannot locate
it . I have locate the package but when I try

find / -name 'ncbi-tools-x11'

I am still not able to locate the lib for the ncbi tools. (I have tried all
various commands and options but with no success).

Did anyone had the same issue in the past?
Could anyone help?

Thank you so much in advance

Flavia

--
Flavia Flaviani

*PhD student*
University of Cape Town, South Africa
In collaboration with
The marine Biological Association of the UK (Plymouth, UK)
flvfla001 at myuct.ac.za
flafla at mba.ac.uk