[Bio-linux-list] Updated to Ubuntu 16.04 and now I am having problems with qiime

David Bradshaw dbradshaw3366 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:46:49 EDT 2016

Dear Tony Travis,

Sorry, I was able to edit the file using the following script but, it is
still unable to find the biolinux version of skbio. Are there other files
that I need to edit? Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,

David Bradshaw

microbiology at microbiology-OptiPlex-9020[microbiology] gksudo gedit
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/nebc-bio-linux-trusty.list

** (gedit:25581): WARNING **: Set document metadata failed: Setting
attribute metadata::gedit-spell-enabled not supported

** (gedit:25581): WARNING **: Set document metadata failed: Setting
attribute metadata::gedit-encoding not supported

** (gedit:25581): WARNING **: Set document metadata failed: Setting
attribute metadata::gedit-position not supported

microbiology at microbiology-OptiPlex-9020[microbiology] apt-cache policy
python-skbio
python-skbio:
  Installed: 0.4.1-1
  Candidate: 0.4.1-1
  Version table:
 *** 0.4.1-1 500
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/universe amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

microbiology at microbiology-OptiPlex-9020[microbiology] cat
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/nebc-bio-linux-trusty.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nebc/bio-linux/ubuntu trusty main # disabled
on upgrade to xenial
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/nebc/bio-linux/ubuntu trusty main #
disabled on upgrade to xenial

microbiology at microbiology-OptiPlex-9020[microbiology] sudo apt install
python-skbio=0.2.3-obiolinux2
[sudo] password for microbiology:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '0.2.3-obiolinux2' for 'python-skbio' was not found
microbiology at microbiology-OptiPlex-9020[microbiology]