[Bio-Linux] X2Go Client behavoiur

Ramendra Sarma ramendra.sarma at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 05:46:10 EDT 2015

Hi Tony,
Thank you for rectifying the fault for use X2go client.

Hi, Ramen.

I've checked "aryabhatta". The problem is nothing to do with Bio-Linux.
It is caused by "virtualenvwrapper". I've disabled it so that you can
try "x2go":

> root at Aryabhatta:/etc/profile.d# mv -i virtualenvwrapper.sh
> virtualenvwrapper.sh.disable

[Please contact the person who installed it to enable
"virtualenvwrapper" again]

On 13 October 2015 at 14:47, Tony Travis <tony.travis at abdn.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 12/10/15 12:52, Dr. R. N. Sarma wrote:
> > it is with my linux to connect aryabhatta.
>
> Hi, Ramen.
>
> I've checked "aryabhatta". The problem is nothing to do with Bio-Linux.
> It is caused by "virtualenvwrapper". I've disabled it so that you can
> try "x2go":
>
> > root at Aryabhatta:/etc/profile.d# mv -i virtualenvwrapper.sh
> > virtualenvwrapper.sh.disable
>
> [Please contact the person who installed it to enable
> "virtualenvwrapper" again]
>
> HTH,
>
>   Tony.
>
> > Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> > <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>

> > *From*:"Tony Travis" <tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk>
> > *Date*:Mon, 12 Oct, 2015 at 4:54 PM
> > *Subject*:Re: [Bio-Linux] X2Go Client behavoiur
> >
> > On 12/10/15 11:48, Ramendra Sarma wrote:
> >> The X2goClient connects and disconnect immediately in my bio linux
> >> machine during connection to a local bio linux server.The version isX2Go
> >> Client v. 4.0.5.0 (Qt - 4.8.6).
> >>
> >> But I can ssh perfectly with the same machine. Why?
> >
> > Hi, Ramen.
> >
> > There is an incompatibility between the Windows "x2go" client and the
> > Linux "x2go" ckient that causes problems if you start a session under
> > the windows client, disconnect, then try to resume under the Linux
> client.
> >
> > In this situation, you can either resume under the Windows client or ssh
> > into the server and kill the session from the command-line with:
> >
> >   x2golistsessions_root
> >   x2goterminate-session xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Where "xxxxxxxxxxxx" is the session that does not resume.
> >
> > If this is NOT the problem, make sure you have selected the MATE desktop
> > session (the default is KDE, which is not supported in Bio-Linux).
> >
> > If you contact me off-list with details of the server that is giving
> > problems I can check it out for you.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> >   Tony.
> >
> > --
> > Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
> > Registered Office: 3 Donview, Bridge of Alford, AB33 8QJ, Scotland (UK)
> > tel. +44(0)19755 63548                    http://minke-informatics.co.uk
> > mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
> > <javascript:return>

> --
> Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Biological and
> Environmental Sciences, Cruickshank Building, St. Machar Drive, Aberdeen
> AB24 3UU, Scotland, UK. tel +44(0)1224 272700, fax +44 (0)1224 272 396
> http://www.abdn.ac.uk, mailto:tony.travis at abdn.ac.uk, skype:ajtravis
>

> The University of Aberdeen is a charity registered in Scotland, No
> SC013683.
> Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir.
> SC013683.

*Dr R N SarmaProfessorDepartment of Plant Breeding and GeneticsAssam
Agricultural UniversityJorhat-785013Assam, Indiaweb: www.aau.ac.in;
<http://www.aaau.ac.in> Phone: +91-376-2310526; +91-376231133(R);
9435350529(M)*