[Bio-Linux] Bio-Linux 8 Repositories

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue May 12 11:02:54 EDT 2015

Hi Simon,

The instructions for setting up APT stuff got quite complex since there
are multiple repositories and associated GPG keys to handle.

Most of the goodies are in the PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~nebc/+archive/ubuntu/bio-linux/+packages

You can add just this repo and the packages it provides should work
fine, but if you really want all of Bio-Linux then you should run the
upgrade8.sh script as detailed here (section 4):

http://environmentalomics.org/bio-linux-installation

...and trust to my scripting to set APT up properly to pull all the
packages.

(If you don't trust my scripting and want to inspect it, run
wget -qO- http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk/downloads/bl8_only/upgrade8.sh | env UNPACK_ONLY=1 sh
and look at the comments in upgrade_to_8.sh in the temporary folder it
creates)

Hope that helps,

TIM

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 14:51 +0100, Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a server with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS installed and would like to add
> the Bio-Linux repositories for Bio-Linux 8.
>
> I can see instructions on the Bio-Linux website for adding the Bio-Linux
> 7 repos to Ubuntu 12.04 but not for Bio-Linux 8 with 14.04.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction or let me know the URLs I
> need to add to apt's configuration in order to install Bio-Linux 8's
> packages on a base Ubuntu 14.04 install.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Simon

Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England