[Bio-Linux] MACS update

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Mar 19 07:43:12 EDT 2015

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the heads-up.  I've updated the macs14 package to MACS 1.4.2
which I guess addresses the bug.  It's building on the build server just
now.

There is a package for MACS 2:

The macs14 package provides 'macs14' and 'macs' as a synonym
The macs package provides 'macs2'

Confusing, I know, but changing it would break programs and scripts that
expect 'macs' to be MACS 1.4.  I've added this explanation to the macs
manpage in the updated package, and also to the package notes.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England