[Bio-Linux] Tablet and x2go crashes the current session

Booth, Timothy G. tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Mar 17 09:59:13 EDT 2015

Hi Sej,

Sorry to hear this.  I've not seen this issue before, and I just tried running Tablet via x2go and it worked fine.  Could you please check the following:

1) Is x2go on the server fully updated?
2) Which client are you connecting from?  Mac, Windows, Linux?  Are you able to try from an alternative OS?
3) Any messages or errors if you start Tablet from the command line?
4) Are you using the regular version of Java:

$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_75"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.4) (7u75-2.5.4-1~trusty1)

5) What about other Java applications?  eg. Acacia, Artemis?

Cheers,

TIM