[Bio-Linux] BioLinux 8 on VirtualBox - Hangs after Login

Tony Travis tony.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Jan 8 05:59:36 EST 2015

On 08/01/15 10:20, Tim Booth wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> OK, this is bad.  I've just tried booting up the VirtualBox version of
> Bio-Linux and applying all updates, and it breaks itself just as you
> describe.
>
> At the moment I do not know what is going wrong.  I'll get back to the
> list as soon as I have a fix.  In the meantime, I'd suggest that nobody
> using the VM version of Bio-Linux 8 applies any updates!

Hi, Tim.

I'd put my money on the known problems of Unity 2D and Gnome3 requiring
hardware acceleration even it they don't actually use it and emulated VM
graphics hardware not providing it.

Bye,

  Tony.

--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Biological and
Environmental Sciences, Cruickshank Building, St. Machar Drive, Aberdeen

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.