[Bio-Linux] BioLinux 8 - Hangs after Login

Steve Moss gawbul at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 07:12:00 EST 2015

Dear Christopher,

I've had a similar issue with my VirtualBox Bio-Linux8 installation
recently, and haven't done any of the things that Tim suggested might be
the cause. I have yet to investigate further, and have just been logging in
via MATE instead to overcome the issue. Running sudo service lightdm
restart from a terminal gets you back to the login screen where you can
then choose MATE instead of GNOME.

Cheers,

Steve

--