[Bio-linux-list] [Bio-Linux-list] Can't install Biolinux8 in DELL Precision T5810

Steve Moss gawbul at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 17:02:16 EST 2015

Dear Xavi,

I've had issues installing Linux distros on Dell machines previously,
particularly on the higher end desktop servers, which seem to have some
annoying chipsets. For Ubuntu, I found that using the Dell specific Ubuntu
release (with their built in kernel drivers) helped -
http://linux.dell.com/files/ubuntu/precise/12.04-OSP1/dell-12.04.2_20130822_0809.iso
.

According to Ubuntu it should all be compatible
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/201405-15064/.

Once thats installed you could then try upgrading to 14.04 and installing
BioLinux 8 by following the guide "Upgrading Bio-Linux 7 (or Ubuntu) to
Bio-Linux 8" guide here
http://environmentalomics.org/bio-linux-installation/?

Cheers,

Steve