[Bio-Linux] GALAXY version and failure to install a tool from the toolshed

Ian Donaldson Ian.Donaldson at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 06:18:25 EDT 2015

Hi,

We have been trying to prepare a suite of tools to use on our production GALAXY instance and on a Bio-Linux 8 VM instance (for the purpose of running tutorials).  The tool in the link below installs correctly on our GALAXY (a clone of galaxy-dist from bitbucket, changeset 16062:a7ae7afffa8f ), but does not install correctly in Bio-Linux.

https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/pjbriggs/macs21/9f6d5cae9181

All we can say at the moment is that the older version handles the installation differently...  Is it possible to update the version of GALAXY in Bio-Linux, or there some other work around to get the tool installed?

Thank you,
Ian