[Bio-Linux] BioLinux - sources.list

Brown, Stephen (AHVLA) Stephen.Brown at ahvla.gsi.gov.uk
Thu May 29 11:09:00 EDT 2014

Hi

Are you able to assist with a question around Biolinux and repo's for
packages, we are looking to setup an internal mirror for our Biolinux
machines.

After checking in the /etc/apt/sources.list I cannot see any references
to any repo's based at nebc.nerc.ac.uk, is this correct? When running an
apt-get update I can see it is referencing nebc.nerc.ac.uk, is this
configuration stored somewhere else?

We would be looking to use apt-mirror to pull down the packages, do I
just need to add the following information into my mirror.list file?

Deb http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk/bio-linux/ unstable boil-linux
Deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nebc/bio-linux/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/nebc/bio-linux/ubuntu precise main

Just as these are not present in the sources.list I am just a bit
confused how this is referencing the repo's currently.

Thanks
Stephen

Stephen Brown

Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA)
Scientific and Technical IT Services
Information Management and Technology
AHVLA Weybridge
Woodham Lane
New Haw
Addlestone
Surrey
KT15 3NB

T: +44 (0)1932 357879
F: +44 (0)1932 357 644
GTN: 3956 2879
E: stephen.brown at ahvla.gsi.gov.uk

www.defra.gov.uk/ahvla

Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only.
If you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose,
store or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform the sender.
Whilst this email and associated attachments will have been checked for known viruses whilst within AHVLA systems we can accept no responsibility once it has left our systems.
Communications on AHVLA computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.