[Bio-Linux] Updating bio-linux qiime from 1.7 to 1.8

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Jan 28 07:54:50 EST 2014

Hi Feargal,

Due to various commitments this month and next I've not been able to
update QIIME yet, and I don't know what will happen if you use the QIIME
deploy script as I've not had time to try that either.  Given that QIIME
for Bio-Linux is quite heavily patched to work in the BL environment I
suspect it won't work, or will partly work but then crash when you try
to use it properly.

I'm looking at the 24th Feb for working on the new package, so if you
really need the new QIIME before then I think the easiest option might
be to use the virtual machine image
(http://qiime.org/install/virtual_box.html).

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England