[Bio-Linux] Bio-Linux 7.0.9 stable?

Booth, Timothy G. tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 12:33:39 EST 2014

Hi David,

There's not much difference.  The 7.0.9 has some extra packages I added for the purpose of running a course but if you want them you can just add them via Synaptic (taverna-workbench plus panama plus all the r-bioc-* packages).  Once the system is installed any packages on there will be updated by the package manager so you don't need to worry about your system being out of date.

I've now got a 7.1.0 image that should boot directly on machines that insist on UEFI "secure" boot media.  That is, some WIndows 8 machines that don't let you disable the security check or add non-Microsoft keys.  I've not put that up yet as I don't have any such machine to test on and I'm now mainly thinking about BL8, but maybe someone on this list could volunteer?

Cheers,

TIM