[Bio-Linux] Bio-Linux 8 small fixes

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 14:21:46 EDT 2014

Dear Bio-Linux users,

Since the release of Bio-Linux 8 I've had a few people reporting minor
glitches with the system, which I've been working to address, but
generally feedback has been good. :-)

This is to let you know that I just put up a new ISO (and matching OVA)
today that incorporates various small fixes, and most significantly
restores the bioinformatics Dash menu so that you can more conveniently
access all the tools (or at least the GUI tools) on the system.

See this if you're not sure what I mean:
http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk/downloads/bl8_only/biomenu.png

If you are already running BL8, to be sure you get the fixes you should
run the upgrade script again (this also applies if you installed BL8
directly) :

sudo apt-get install runurl
sudo runurl http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk/downloads/bl8_only/upgrade8.sh
(and reboot)

The script is designed to only install stuff it sees is missing, so if
the system is already up-to-date it should finish in around a minute and
then report "All done - your system is updated to Bio-Linux 8".

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England