[Bio-Linux] USb stick booting

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Apr 10 10:28:38 EDT 2013

Hi Enrique,

Sorry you are having trouble making the USB sticks.

The error you are seeing suggests that you made the USB sticks on a
machine with an older version of Syslinux, but then you say that regular
Ubuntu 12.04 works OK, so I may be wrong.  What happens if you type
"live" (without the quotes) at the boot prompt after the error and hit
return? (note you will need to have the keyboard connected in such a way
that it is visible to the BIOS, not via a USB hub).

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England