[Bio-Linux] RDP to biolinux

Davoren, Jonathan Jonathan.Davoren at bodetech.com
Wed Dec 5 11:54:32 EST 2012

I have biolinux 7 installed in a Virtual Machine - Windows Server 2003 with Vsphere.  Within Vsphere biolinux works great.

Trying to connect via RDP from windows 7 64 bit remote desktop connection but the RDP continuously says failed to connect.

The exact same setup for the Ubuntu 64 bit 12.04 is working fine.

Installing the NX application on biolinux and the Windows computer allows authentication and starts downloading the connection information and then shows connection error.

Is there some extra security in Biolinux?  Or some configuration that we need to change to be able to get remote access?

Thank you
Jon

Jonathan Davoren
Director, Applied Research & Core Facility
The Bode Technology Group
[cid:bodelogo]
10430 Furnace Rd., Suite 107
Lorton, Virginia 22079 USA
Telephone: +1 703-646-9774
Fax: +1 703-646-9741
Mobile: +1 (571) 246-7175

Jonathan.Davoren at bodetech.com<mailto:Jonathan.Davoren at bodetech.com>

www.bodetech.com<http://www.bodetech.com> | Sign up for the Bode e-Newsletter<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001sG2XUya07KrTvvTvv_I8DQ%3D%3D>

A SolutionPoint International, Inc. Company

www.solutionpoint-intl.com<http://www.solutionpoint-intl.com/>

This message may contain confidential information that may also be defined as U.S. Government export controlled technical data and is intended only for the individual or entity named. It may also be attorney client privileged or otherwise protected as attorney work product. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of SolutionPoint International, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries solely via the contents of an email message. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version or contract attachment. IRS Circular 230 Notice: IRS Circular 230 requires that we advise you that any U.S. Federal Tax advice contained in the communication or in any attachment hereto is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purpose of (I) avoiding penalties under the internal revenue code or (II) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.