[Bio-Linux] Editing custom_parameters on QIIME

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 12:02:00 EDT 2011

Hi Caitlin,

Sorry, this is not very obvious from the tutorial documentation.  The
idea is that you copy both the data and the custom_parameters.txt to a
directory in your home folder.  You will then be the owner of all the
newly copied files and able to edit them.

So, for example, to work on the tutorial data:

Click "Introductory Tutorial" on the desktop
Right click on "qiime_tutorial_data.tar.gz"
Extract To...
and now select your home folder (ie. /home/live)
A "qiime_tutorial_data" folder will appear in your home directory

If you want to work on some of your own data you normally just want to
copy the default qiime_parameters.txt into the folder where your data is
before customising it - eg:

cp /usr/share/doc/qiime/qiime_parameters.txt ~/my_data_for_qiime/custom_parameters.txt

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England