[Bio-Linux] Cron and Qiime

Tiwari, Bela btiwari at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Sep 30 03:46:24 EDT 2010

Hi Mike,

Just addressing your second question for now:

>2. Has anyone attempted a native install of Qiime and its dependencies on Biolinux 6? http://qiime.sourceforge.net/install/install.html
> am having an issue getting various programs that are present to be recognised.  I am editing .customrc in /etc/zsh/zshrc.d in order to set paths in zsh, but it doesn't seem to be working - is this the correct file to >edit?

/etc/zsh/zshrc.d/customrc   is a reasonable file to edit, and as long as you're using a standard Bio-Linux user account, this file should be sourced.

For the Qiime specific part of the problem, maybe it's best to work using the NEBC helpdesk, and then, if the issues look like something that might benefit others, we can post a summary of steps taken to this list?
(Possibly we'll get closer towards a package solution if that looks feasable also.)

cheers,

Bela