[Bio-Linux] Problem booting installation DVD - biolinux 6

Anthony Pemberton A.J.Pemberton at bham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 15 05:12:54 EDT 2010

Dear biolinux users,

I have encountered a problem installing biolinux 6 onto one of my 64-bit servers. The server has a built-in CDROM drive but no DVD drive. So I connected my USB DVD drive to the system so that I could install the software. The DVD boots initially but after loading the kernel, I get the following:

Busybox v 1.13.3 (ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu11). Built-in shell (ash) Enter help for a list of built-in commands
(initramfs) Unable to find a live filesystem

It looks as if after booting the kernel, it cannot find the DVD. Can anyone suggest a workaround or how to find the filesystem from the above prompt and set the install going?

Regards,

Tony Pemberton