[Bio-Linux] NuGO-Linux

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Sep 10 13:26:54 EDT 2009

Hello, NBX/NEBC developers.

I've remastered my NuGO-Linux DVD, using the Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS desktop
install CD instead of 8.04.1 LTS, which Bio-Linux 5.0 is based on. There
are known problems with 'persistent' USB sessions running from 8.04.1
because of bugs in 'casper' in the Linux kernel used on this 'live' CD.

I've also installed the 'official' Ubuntu "usb-creator", which creates
'persistent' USB sticks differently to the "bio-linux-usb-maker" script
and avoids the problems of disk corruption that we encountered in Italy.

The latest NuGO-Linux iso can be downloaded from:

   http://nbx1.nugo.org/biobuntu/nugo-linux-20090910.iso

Burn the iso to a DVD, and boot it, then use:

   System/Administration/Create a USB startup disk

This version does not have my customised NuGO "umenu.exe" or "wubi.exe"
on the iso. I'll add these after testing 'persistent' Linux sessions.

Please try this out if you have time, and let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

   Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK