[Bio-Linux] Bio-Linux 5.0 security

Anthony Pemberton A.J.Pemberton at bham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 28 12:25:32 EST 2009

Dear All,

Another approach is to simply secure the firewall further by only
allowing certain machines or subnets to access sshd. This can be done
fairly simply with iptables by adding the -s option to the sshd line in
the iptables config. Also by using tcp_wrappers to also limit access.

Obviously this depends on how much the admin wants to limit access,

Regards,

Tony Pemberton

The
> > 'server' kernel supports PAE (Physical Address extension), which
> allows
> > 32-bit systems to use >4GB RAM. Any one 32-bit process can't access
> more
> > than 4GB RAM, but several 32-bit processes can use > 4GB in total.
> >
> > Thanks for all the work you've put into the latest Bio-Linux
release!

> > Bye,
> >
> >          Tony.
> > --
> > Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of
Nutrition
http://www.rowett.ac.uk
http://bioinformatics.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt