[Bio-Linux] IMPORTANT - All users of R on Bio-Linux 5

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Sat Apr 18 18:22:37 EDT 2009

Tim Booth wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> A new version of R (2.9.0) is due to be released tomorrow (April 17
> 2009).  Because Bio-Linux 5 is set to pick up software updates from the
> CRAN package server in Bristol this update will be installed
> automatically.  Unfortunately, several modules - notably those that are
> part of Bioconductor - are not yet officially updated to support this
> version.  Therefore Bioconductor will be unavailable if the update goes
> ahead.  If you are using Bioconductor right now you have three options:
> [...]

Hello, Tim.

This is precisely why we have packaged R + Bioconductor ourselves in
NuGO. Please contact my colleague Philip de Groot at Wageningen
University directly for details of his most recent R + Bioconductor
deb's, which we also use for GenePattern.

Bye,

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK