[Bio-Linux] Ubuntu question

Stewart Houten shou at ceh.ac.uk
Thu May 22 08:57:11 EDT 2008

Hi Clive,

The plan is to maintain the package repository as it is, with Debian
binary packages, and to move the base system on to Ubuntu for fresh
installs.  Our packages currently work on Ubuntu and in future we will
be building and testing our package updates with both systems in mind.

This should mean that anyone like yourself who is happy with their
current Bio-Linux 4 setup and doesn't wish to upgrade won't have to.

Regards,
Stewart
--
Dr Stewart Houten, Bio-Linux Developer
NEBC, CEH, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3SR